My standard payment terms are described below. Exceptions may be made at my discretion.
Individuals (authors and self-publishers)
- A down payment is required before work will be scheduled. I typically ask for 30% to 50% of the quoted or estimated fee for the project.
- You can pay by credit card using PayPal—it’s fast and secure. You don’t have to be a PayPal member, and you don’t have to give me your credit card number. I simply send you an email request with a link to PayPal’s secure payment page.
- I also accept cashier’s checks and postal money orders.
- Large projects may require one or more progress payments at predetermined milestones. Any remaining balance will be due on completion.
- I reserve the right to withhold electronic files or other deliverables until payment is received in full. Past due amounts may be subject to interest at a rate of 1.5% per month.
Established publishers, book packagers, and agencies
- Work begins on receipt of a contract or purchase order. An invoice will be sent upon completion. Payment is due 30 days from the invoice date. Past due amounts may be subject to interest at a rate of 1.5% per month.